Brian A. Aslami, M.D.
Dr. Aslami is a board-certified psychiatrist affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical Center at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He has expertise in evaluation, psychotherapy, and psychopharmacology. He treats a wide range of problems including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, and work, school and relationship issues.
Dr. Aslami has been in full time private practice since 1997. He has two offices: one in the Upper East Side of New York City where he sees patients from Mondays through Thursdays, and one in Englewood, NJ in Bergen County where he sees patients on Fridays. Besides clinical work, he is active in teaching psychiatric residents at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornel Medical Center. He also supervises them in learning how to do psychotherapy with or without medication. He is a full clinical instructor at the New York Psychoanalytic Society & Institute, where he has served as a board member and officer.
- New York Psychoanalytic Society & Institute; Graduate in Psychoanalysis, 2004
- Payne Whitney Clinic of the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center; Residency in Psychiatry, June 1997
- Weill Cornell Medical College; M.D., 1993
- Duke University; B.S., 1989
- Private practice of psychiatry; July 1997 to present
- Clinical assistant professor of psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine (medical school). Affiliated since 1998. Currently teaching a case conference to 3rd year psychiatry residents and supervising advanced residents learning how to do psychotherapy.
- Assistant attending psychiatrist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center. Affiliated since 1998.
- Past treasurer and board member at New York Psychoanalytic Society & Institute.
- Faculty member at New York Psychoanalytic Society & Institute. Past teacher of the Role of the Object course. Also past teacher of Affects and Affect Pathology, a theory course for advanced psychoanalytic candidates.